port arduino code to raspberry

julian

Dec 29, 2021, 2:09:30 PM12/29/21
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Hello, just a new post related with my new project or make a vorpal hexapod with the raspberry pi.

the first step obviously is the port of the code from Arduino to raspberry.

the code has to be rewritten so would like to know some have tried this before or maybe could help with the implementation.

thanks
regards.

gerry kavanagh

Feb 11, 2022, 5:41:39 AM2/11/22
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Depending on your level of skill, this would likely not be difficult, but could definitely be a quite involved task.
You would need to work from the 'bottom up' from the point of architecture, in that the robot has various subsystems to be interacted with through software, and each of these subsystems needs to ne interfaced with at the hardware level, and then working upwards, present some API that the higher level functions can access.

Many of the things, like steppers and sensors, will already have APIs & libraries in various languages on the Pi, so start by choosing the language that (a) you prefer, and (b) best supports the stuff you need to talk to.

I'm interested to know how this goes for you.
/ Gerry