The Big Drop: Max The Megapod STL are Posted!

Steve Pendergrast

Sep 21, 2018, 9:50:20 AM9/21/18
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Not to be outdone by the music world, we've "dropped" a new release today: Max the Megapod!

See thingiverse here:

This is considered a preliminary release with the official release still being projected for October 1.  The instructions for building are still very much draft, but will be complete by October 1 as well (we're gathering pictures and things we need to illustrate the build).

All the critical parts are there now. We've built several and they work very well.  There are a couple of smaller parts still coming, but they are simply to organize wires inside the robot. We're running prototypes without them just fine and they can be easily added later without disconnecting anything.

So, for those of you who want to get a jump on printing out your Megapod, have at it!

Please let me know if you have any feedback on things like printability or things that are not clear.

ALSO: If you're in the NYC area we will have a booth at the huge NYC Maker Faire this weekend and we'll be showing off Max The Megapod as well as lots of Vorpal Hexapods.  It's a great place to get new ideas or just become inspired by all the crazy things people are making.

Thanks!
Steve Pendergrast
Vorpal Robotics, LLC