Three vorps for Christmas

Gargon P

Dec 15, 2017, 10:56:25 AM12/15/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Almost done printing all the parts, been printing any time I'm home for several weeks now. I'm building these with three of the kids for Christmas. (They chose their own colors).
1208170755.jpg

Steve Pendergrast

Dec 15, 2017, 1:37:16 PM12/15/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Love the multi-colors!

Gargon P

Jan 15, 2018, 2:17:08 PM1/15/18
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Finaly had time to finish the last of the hexapods, turned out great, for some reason I needed 2 BEC's on all of them, even with the BEC's I ordered from Steve. Huge hit and learning experience for the kids! Next step is to learn scratch.
0114181809a.jpg
0115181210.jpg

Gargon P

Jan 15, 2018, 2:37:13 PM1/15/18
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Video
10770.mp4

Steve Pendergrast

Jan 15, 2018, 3:34:39 PM1/15/18
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Very cool!  Like I said before the multi colors look really festive ;)

I'm not sure why you would need two becs, the only thing I can think of is whatever servos you're using might draw a bit more current than the ones I use.

One thing: use the eyes!  Although the eyes may at first seem to be just a frivolous decoration, I find the reaction of people to the robot is far more positive with the eyes attached. Some small children will actually be afraid of the robot without the eyes, but will be attracted to it with the eyes attached.

They also do serve the useful purpose of making it obvious to everyone where the "front" of the robot is.  If you don't have the magnets, just attach the eyes with glue or double sided tape.

On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 2:37:13 PM UTC-5, Gargon P wrote:
Video

Gargon P

Jan 16, 2018, 10:47:57 AM1/16/18
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
true, I've been considering that, I printed out the range sensors to use as a face, but I am not sure weather we will leave them on full time.