Scratch 3.0

Wendt, Michelle

Mar 11, 2020, 3:22:16 PM3/11/20
to vorpal-rob...@googlegroups.com

Does it work with scratch 3.0?
Michelle Wendt
Technology Integrationist
SRI&ETTC of Stockton University

vorpalrobotics

Mar 11, 2020, 3:30:11 PM3/11/20
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
I'm in the middle of porting it over to Scratch 3 right now. Hoping to launch by end of this month.

Javier Garzón

Aug 2, 2020, 10:28:14 PM8/2/20
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
quisiera saber si ya tienen la integracion con Scratch 3.0

vorpalrobotics

Aug 3, 2020, 10:01:56 AM8/3/20
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Hello,

Scratch 3 has turned out to be a problem because MIT has not provided a mechanism for third parties to integrate (as they previously did with scratchx in scratch 2).

The only way I can see to do it is to take the entire open source scratch source tree and deploy it on my own server. This will increase my expenses quite a bit, though, and I feel like it's going to be painful to get it working.

So I am evaluating other alternative systems that are similar like snap and blockly. But it turns out there are a huge number of such alternatives, meaning it's slow going to evaluate them all and figure out which one to commit to. I also keep hoping MIt will open up their system to outside integrations. Alas, they seem interested more in large corporate integrations than the open source community.

I realize chrome will stop supporting scratch 2 by end of 2020. I should have something up and running before then.

bre...@hatcher.co.za

Aug 3, 2020, 11:25:09 AM8/3/20
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Otto (https://www.ottodiy.com/)  had the same challenge.
They used Blockly to create a really customised interface:

It works really well.

Regards
Brendon

nikolaj erichsen

Mar 15, 2021, 1:52:43 PM3/15/21
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Hi I wonder if there is any news on using scratch 3.0 - I would really like to use it with the Vorpal :)
Or if anyone know another easy way to program it with blocks...

vorpalrobotics

Mar 16, 2021, 1:04:08 PM3/16/21
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
My current strategy is to create a Python module for the hexapod first, then use one of several publicly available blockly python systems to offer a complete block based system.

I have a preliminary Python module being beta tested right now, so that stage of the process is well underway. I am evaluating a few different blocky python open source solutions. It should be very easy to add the hexapod specific blocks to an existing python blockly system.

nikolaj erichsen

Mar 17, 2021, 1:11:54 PM3/17/21
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
ok, sounds super cool, I ready to betatest if you need it :)

vorpalrobotics

Mar 17, 2021, 2:11:21 PM3/17/21
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
You're willing to beta test the python solution, or you wan to wait for the drag and drop blockly solution? I'll be doing a round of enhancements to python that should be ready for a second beta tester by Monday or so.

nikolaj erichsen

Mar 19, 2021, 5:38:36 PM3/19/21
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
I am ready to test the python solution, I guess the blocky part will come later.

Ben Norman

Apr 3, 2021, 3:54:40 PM4/3/21
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
I'm game to beta-test the python solution as well.

Thanks!

nikolaj erichsen

Nov 13, 2021, 10:29:09 AM11/13/21
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Hi, if you have a status on either Scratch 3 or Blocky, I would be very happy, cause I miss using my Hexapod :)