Rubber pads in Max kit

Carol Hazlett

Mar 6, 2019, 12:58:49 AM3/6/19
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
I have finished assembling my Max the Megapod but have two white foam pads and six black round pads left over and did not see any mention of them in the instructions.
Did I miss something important? I have to wait till Thursday before I fire up the robot because that is when my batteries arrive. Now is a good time to correct anything.

vorpalrobotics

Mar 8, 2019, 8:21:09 PM3/8/19
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Hello,

The round pads go on the bottoms of the leg hinges to reduce the stress when the robot sits down on the floor (like dance mode 1 backward does).  the two white rectangular pads go on the bottom of the robot for the same reason (stacked on top of each other, they'll stick to each other).

I just checked the instructions and for some reason the diagrams showing this don't seem to be there... sorry about that. I'll update but right this second I'm out of town and don't have all the pictures and things I need to do that.