3D printing with or without support

RcktDr

Oct 18, 2018, 2:55:14 PM10/18/18
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
I'm about to start printing off my parts. The instructions page said that there is very little clean up does that mean that I do not need to use support?

vorpalrobotics

Oct 18, 2018, 3:16:51 PM10/18/18
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Hi,

No supports are needed for vorpal the hexapod. There will be a few drips inside the cap but they are generally easy to remove, don't show on the outside, and you'll waste far more plastic on a support than is worth it. There may be a drip here or there where there are some bridges but again, not worth the time and plastic to use supports.

Max the megapod has one built-in support in the cap. This was necessary because of how the parts are split up.

None of our other projects need supports.