New Gamepad models and Field released

Steve Pendergrast

May 1, 2018, 9:31:25 AM5/1/18
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Hello,

We've updated the gamepad models today, releasing new STL files to Thingiverse. We also released the models to construct a playing field. We use the playing field ourselves at all Maker Faires, demos, and other events.

New Field Models and Plans

The newly released Field plans are here on thingiverse:

This consists of a corner piece (you print four of them) and specs on other materials you would need to purchase. The entire field is 2 feet by 4 feet and can be built for $50 with very little assembly time (other than painting the MDF floor of the field).

We've used this field for many hours at demos, Maker Faires, training sessions, etc.  It's perfect for 2 to 3 hexapods to scurry around within.

Gamepad Revision V1r8c Released

The new gamepad models are now released on Thingiverse in the main hexapod page here:

It has improvements for printability and is a little easier to  assemble. If you've already got a gamepad there's no need to make the new model (unless you want to build a second or third hexapod ;)

The switch adapter is now no longer needed for the gamepad, the rectangular hole was moved up to the top of the base. The switch is now pressed into the hole after screwing on the top.

There is a variation with small brims right around the thin sliver to the right of the battery drawer. This area is very thin and is a bed adhesion trouble spot. We use this "mini brim" version for all our production work. Much easier to remove than full brim and addresses just the one trouble spot.

The nano was raised up a bit on a bed. This makes it easier to insert and also makes it so that the top clamps down on it. That reduces the "wiggle room" that sometimes led to the USB port not lining up right with the hole.

There were other tiny improvements.

Enjoy!

Steve Pendergrast
Vorpal Robotics, LLC