New Accessories?

pe...@vorpalrobotics.com

Oct 31, 2017, 11:39:43 AM10/31/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Hi All,

I'll get the ball rolling on a development plan topic. What new accessories would you like to see for Vorpal the Hexapod?

Here are some we're considering, feel free to vote for these or add your own ideas!

  • Gripper.  This would be a motorized gripper attached to the accessory port, allowing small objects to be grabbed and carried.
  • Light Show. A set of addressable RGB LED lights in a ring configuration that would make vorpal light up from the inside. Turn out the lights and be amazed. Scratch could also control the lights making for awesome dance routines with disco light effects included.
  • More sensors.  Gyroscope? Accelerometer? Magnetic hall effect sensor? There are lots of sensors out there, but which ones make the most sense for Vorpal activities?
  • Follow the Leader. Mount an infrared transmitter on the back, an infra detector on the front, then try to use scratch to make multiple robots march in a line and follow each other, or other activities.
Of course, feel free to develop your own projects and accessories and show off your work. We have a web page devoted to customer projects.

Dave Leiner

Oct 31, 2017, 3:54:11 PM10/31/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Actually, I was thinking of adding some lights since I have some LED strips lying around doing nothing. However, my vote would go to the gripper. Sounds like a lot of fun!

A. Olshove

Nov 8, 2017, 12:05:42 PM11/8/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Gripper!

If you don't, I will. :-)

I was also thinking about a rotating turret that replaces the top where sensors could be mounted to allow the robot to "look around" without moving it's legs.   Think legs following a path while the turret is tracking a target.

Steve Pendergrast

Nov 8, 2017, 2:34:21 PM11/8/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Hmmm.

Must ... Have ... Turret ...

That would look very cool I have to admit. I'm such a geek, I'm already designing it in my head as I mail out packages to backers ...

Bernie Bernstone

Nov 22, 2017, 3:34:21 PM11/22/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum

I'll get the ball rolling on a development plan topic. What new accessories would you like to see for Vorpal the Hexapod?

 ok.. i would like to see a groucho marx like faceplate.. like people buy and wear, im sure you have seen them... mustache and glasses with fuzzy brows

Steve Pendergrast

Nov 22, 2017, 7:35:37 PM11/22/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
I'm actually thinking of running a "best new eyes" contest once all the KS orders are delivered.  Cat eyes, moustache eyes, groucho eyes, all good possibilities!

ss220

Jan 3, 2018, 11:08:24 PM1/3/18
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
A gripper would be cool as would a 'follow the line' module.

Derek Golding

Apr 13, 2018, 11:05:09 PM4/13/18
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Colour sensor would be cool, I was thinking of creating a maze with cardboard, red means turn left, yellow turn right, blue turn around - dead end.

Is that feasible?

Derek Golding

Apr 16, 2018, 1:56:46 PM4/16/18
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
A Bluetooth dongle would be good I think as well as a companion to the gamepad. Uses a lot less parts and could be a benefit in the classroom.

Will look at a design at the weekend and post here.