Jittering servos - all of them

Peter Henning

Jul 20, 2018, 7:08:39 PM7/20/18
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
I upgraded to TowerPro MG90S servos (purchased from Vorpal). I installed them with the rubber O-rings. Now all 12 servos are "jittering" (shivering, shaking) when they are not under load (on the stand). What do I need to check/change?

Steve Pendergrast

Jul 21, 2018, 9:53:59 AM7/21/18
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Hello,

When you say "jitter", are you talking about a rapid swing back and forth around the center point (this is called "hunting"), or are you talking about a little jump or pop every now and then?

The hunting behavior can be suppressed by using both a washer (or o-ring) and also a screw must be placed in the servo horn. Tighten the screw until the hunting stops.