New V2 Scratch Block Reference Now Available

Steve Pendergrast

Jul 21, 2018, 12:50:01 PM7/21/18
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Hello,

As promised, we've revised our scratch block reference page to include all new blocks supported in the new V2 firmware.  The page is here:

This documents the new blocks:

  • Gait: create a new custom walking mode
  • Set Servo:  access servos beyond the leg ports, allows you to create new add-ons like grippers or sensor aiming devices.
  • Set Hips, Set Knees:  Conveniently set just knees or hips (or subsets thereof) to new positions.
  • Pose: Set all 12 leg servos in a single command.
  • Erase Recordings:  Erase all SD card recordings in a single command.

In addition, existing block documentation was corrected and made clearer in many cases.

NOTE: This page is a reference page, not a tutorial. It succinctly describes every single block and what you can do with them individually but doesn't show a lot of examples of using blocks in conjunction with each other. You would read this to find out what a specific block or set of blocks are supposed to do.

Examples and tutorials will be on a different page, we're working on those now and should have some info released this coming week.

If you see any errors or things that are unclear (or just plain wrong) please let me know by emailing to sup...@vorpalrobotics.com

By the way, we're having a tremendous amount of fun over in our lab creating new leg motions and sticking them on the gamepad.  We may have some "challenge" activities soon where the vorpal community can win prizes by inventing custom leg motions that perform cool tasks like waving goodbye, tumbling the robot over, rearing up on hind legs, climbing stairs, etc.  Stay tuned!

Enjoy,
Steve Pendergrast
Vorpal Robotics, LLC