Work In Progress!

Paul M

Nov 21, 2017, 11:03:50 PM11/21/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
The two angsty teens of the household are breaking away from their Wii U, Minecraft, and Overwatch, and are now surfing Thingiverse.  That's a good thing because they found this and are now obsessed with getting their own hexapods built and working!  They don't yet know that I've already printed everything and am now sourcing the electronic parts.  The plan is to have it all ready for assembly and put together as a kit for Christmas.  We'll spend the holiday break building and programming.  Very excited about that!

See the work-in-progress here on Thingiverse.
fullsizeoutput_27f.jpeg

Steve Pendergrast

Nov 22, 2017, 1:27:23 PM11/22/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Looks like a great print!

Paul M

Nov 22, 2017, 7:28:49 PM11/22/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Thanks, Steve!  It all started with your great design!

But, by the way... I'm having a tough time sourcing a few parts.  I do already have 2 sets of the bluetooth modules (from you via Amazon), but I'm wondering if you or anyone has an idea where I can get the 3-wire passive piezo buzzers, the button matrix, and Dpad buttons? I've looked at Amazon, Sparkfun, and Adafruit.  I have everything else, but those three items.  Any leads?

Thanks!
--Paul.

Steve Pendergrast

Nov 22, 2017, 7:44:47 PM11/22/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
Well my online store opens this weekend so ... you can take advantage of the cyber monday sale!

Paul M

Nov 22, 2017, 8:41:23 PM11/22/17
to Vorpal Robotics Forum
That’s great! Thanks.