import many tasks

dono

Jan 18, 2010, 12:19:24 AM1/18/10
to Voo2do Tips, Tricks, and Ideas
I have a large list of tasks and would love to import them ... this
could be a nice feature for converts.
dono

Voo2do Support

Jan 18, 2010, 12:44:34 PM1/18/10
to Voo2do Tips, Tricks, and Ideas
Hi,

I'd love to add an import feature to help people like you load a bunch
of task data into Voo2do. I'd love to learn more about how this should
work, which is largely dependent on how your store and organize your
tasks currently.

I'd very much appreciate answers to these questions from anyone who's
thought about importing data into Voo2do.

- What format are your tasks stored in? Text file, one task per line?
Excel spreadsheet? A different task management program?

- What motivated you to consider switching to Voo2do from your
previous system?

- How do you want the imported tasks represented in Voo2do? Is there a
natural mapping between tasks in your current system, and the Voo2do
Context/Project/Task structure?

- Do you want to import everything at once, or in chunks? Meaning, do
you want to load all your task data at once, or would you prefer to do
it on a per-project or per-context basis?

Answers to these questions, as well as any other suggestions or
feedback you'd like to provide, would help me make a great import
feature for Voo2do.

Thank you,
Shimon Rura
creator of Voo2do