Status of Voo2do

Josiah C

Sep 6, 2012, 11:19:23 AM9/6/12
to voo...@googlegroups.com
We love and use Voo2do everyday for our business but haven't seen or heard much from the author.  Are there any plans for this software?

I'm worried that the service might not stay active.

Shimon Rura

Sep 6, 2012, 5:20:11 PM9/6/12
to voo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josiah,

I'm glad to hear you like Voo2do. I still maintain Voo2do, but developing
it further isn't currently a priority for me. You can certainly continue
using it -- I expect to keep it running, and if I ever were to decide to
shut it down, I would provide a lot of notice so users could get their data
and migrate it to another service of their choice.

Thanks,
Shimon Rura
creator of Voo2do

gmindock

Nov 15, 2012, 6:07:39 PM11/15/12
to voo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shimon,

Yes, I love it too!  Love its simplicity ....every other online service just has too many bells and whistle where I need to make a task list just to learn how to create tasks, etc.

Here you create a project, add notes, then add assign tasks and Wam Bam your done.  I can use other tools if I need to scedule stuff, like Google calendar, or use Skype for Sharing screens, but that is it.  Really small business with a couple employees don't need so much comfusing project management tools, but we do need to have a central place to keep important projects organized, especially for our business, where everyone works remotely.

Thank you, by the way.

Gina

Michele J Jones, PMP

Nov 16, 2012, 6:21:35 AM11/16/12
to voo...@googlegroups.com, voo...@googlegroups.com
Completely agree. A perfect application for the three of us here.

A big thanks for voo2do.

Sent from Michele's iPod

yano

May 1, 2013, 6:04:23 PM5/1/13
to voo...@googlegroups.com
I just discovered this website and I must say this is fantastic. Do you have plans to open source anything or the ability for others to contribute to the site? I would love to help out with this.

Shimon Rura

May 22, 2013, 5:58:00 PM5/22/13
to Josiah C, voo2do

Hi guys,
Sorry for the downtime. I'm working on it and it should be back soon.

If anyone who is better at running servers than I am is interested in working with me to handle stuff like this, please let me know. As has already been pointed out, this isn't my focus anymore so my responsiveness isn't going to be great. At the same time, I'd definitely like to keep voo2do running well for its users.

Thanks,
Shimon

On May 22, 2013 8:40 AM, "Josiah C" <josef...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Shimon, the site is down for us, can you give us an update?

yano

Jul 12, 2013, 9:24:44 PM7/12/13
to voo...@googlegroups.com, Josiah C, shi...@rura.org
I would definitely love to help out. What specifically are you looking to off load to other people for help?

javagrannie

Mar 18, 2019, 10:03:02 AM3/18/19
to Voo2do Tips, Tricks, and Ideas
The site is currently down and my timelogs are stored on there. It looks like the DNS has expired. Anyway to get my data off?

Josiah C

Mar 18, 2019, 12:08:20 PM3/18/19
to Voo2do Tips, Tricks, and Ideas
Site (http) is up for me (I can even login with my old account), but we no longer use it.  We moved a couple years back to a new service.

If you can login, visit he following screen: http://voo2do.com/account/backup/

Good luck!