Troubles with context in the new version

zoltanf

Jan 6, 2010, 4:02:14 AM1/6/10
to Voo2do Tips, Tricks, and Ideas
Since the new version (great improvment BTW, thank you) I have trouble
with projects and contexts.

I have 3 contexts, and each has couple of projects.

I usually add new tasks from the "Deadlines" tab. Usually the context
filter there is set to "All Contexts". When I start typing the project
name for the new task, the drop down is shown and I can choose a
project. However, after inserting this new task (for an existing
project that HAS a context), for some reason the task goes to the
"unfilled" context.

Also (and I don't remeber if this was in the old version also) when I
change the project context, the existing tasks are not moved to the
new context.

This is a problem for me, and I will stop using contexts until it is
fixed. Probably this is just a small bug in the Deadlines tab...

Thanks and best regards,
Z.

Voo2do Support

Jan 6, 2010, 10:56:20 AM1/6/10
to voo...@googlegroups.com
Zoltan,

There are a couple of bugs here that triggered the behavior you mention.

One is that when you are viewing no context or all contexts, and
create a task in an existing project, that task should be assigned to
that project's context. Right now, the task remains in whatever
context it was created in -- so if you're in no context or all
contexts, that leaves the task in no context. Obviously that is not a
very useful behavior and I will fix that in the next few days.

Secondly, when you move a project from context A to context B, all
that project's tasks that were previously in A should also be moved to
B. I'll fix that soon also.

Thanks for the report, and apologies to everyone who's bumping into
these problems.

shimon.

Shimon Rura, creator of Voo2do
sup...@voo2do.com
phone +1-209-2-Voo2do (209-286-6236)

zoltanf

Feb 5, 2010, 3:55:19 AM2/5/10
to Voo2do Tips, Tricks, and Ideas
Hi there,

The problem still exists. Now the context switching (on the customize
context area) works fine, e.g. the project and it's task are moved
beetween contexts, but when I add a new task in the "deadlines" tab,
and the context filter is set to "all context", my tasks still go to
"unfilled" context. (the project I schoose is under "work" context).

The new calendar controll (choosing dates) is great, but I would like
to see a setting where we could turn on "european" week display, where
the monday is the first day of the week.

Thank you soo much for your dedication for voo2doo and keep up the
good work!

Best regards, Z.