Migrate from Gradle to Maven

Ralph Bergmann | the4thFloor.eu

Nov 30, 2014, 4:46:48 PM11/30/14
to volley...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ficus,

why are you migrate from Gradle to Maven? I thought Grade is state of
the art and Maven is outdated?

Ralph

Ficus Kirkpatrick

Nov 30, 2014, 4:58:15 PM11/30/14
to Ralph Bergmann | the4thFloor.eu, volley...@googlegroups.com
Gradle is very slow, and still iterating quickly, or put another way, immature and unstable. I'm tired of wrestling with it.

I don't really like Maven either (I really hate the build file syntax in particular), but it has good community support, is considerably faster, and has good support for Robolectric. I'm hoping that having fast tests that run on the host JVM will enable a few things:
- Running tests in a CI system
- More test coverage by virtue of tests being easier to write and run
- Faster turnarounds on contributions by being able to quickly verify that changes don't break existing users

I'd like to use Buck, but it too is not really mature enough yet.

Ficus

Ralph Bergmann | the4thFloor.eu

Dec 14, 2014, 7:42:40 PM12/14/14
to Ficus Kirkpatrick, volley...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ficus,

now I have problems to set up my development environment :-(

It is now a Android Studio project? How do I have to set up Android Studio?

When I click on "Import Project..." AS finds the Gradle file and wants
to import a Gradle project... but it is Maven isn't it?

And I have only the volley project but not the volley test stuff. How to
configure the tests?

Please help :-)

Ralph

Ralph Bergmann | the4thFloor.eu

Dec 15, 2014, 5:25:16 AM12/15/14
to Ficus Kirkpatrick, volley...@googlegroups.com
I think I got it.

I imported it with IntelliJ as Maven project and no it works... I hope

Ralph

Ficus Kirkpatrick

Dec 15, 2014, 10:36:14 AM12/15/14
to Ralph Bergmann | the4thFloor.eu, volley...@googlegroups.com

That's what I do

Steffen

Sep 14, 2016, 10:36:40 AM9/14/16
to Volley Users, fic...@gmail.com, ra...@the4thfloor.eu

Hi Ralph,

I have the same challenge that I have to convert a Gradle project to Maven.  For me the import as Maven-project with IntelliJ is not working. Can you please tell me how you managed it to import the Gradle Project as a Maven Project with IntelliJ?

Many Thanks

Steffen