Site for business analysts

Alex Papworth

Dec 29, 2008, 7:22:05 AM12/29/08
to Volere Requirements
All (especially Suzanne and James)

I hope this post is not considered 'impolite' - please let me know if
this contradicts this group's policy.

I am a business analyst of many years standing and have started a
website to provide business analysts with articles and advice. It is
particularly targetted at new or developing BA's although there will
also be content of value to more experienced BA's.

I would value any feedback on the content and direction. I would
particularly appreciate any challenge if you disagree with my point of
view or the level of detail (for example)

It can be found at www.businessanalystmentor.com

Regards

Alex

Suzanne Robertson

Dec 29, 2008, 7:59:29 AM12/29/08
to vol...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

Your site is a valuable resource for business analysts. I already sent you
an email making a suggestion about including a search engine - did you
receive it?

Kind Regards
Suzanne
Suzanne Robertson
Principal of The Atlantic Systems Guild
suz...@systemsguild.net
www.systemsguild.com <http://www.systemsguild.com>
www.volere.co.uk <http://www.volere.co.uk>

New book 'Adrenaline Junkies and Template Zombies - Understanding Patterns
of Project Behavior http://www.dorsethouse.com/books/ajtz.html

James Robertson

Jan 8, 2009, 3:21:32 AM1/8/09
to vol...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

I like the site. I think it adds to the community and should be useful
for many people. I found the long pages a little off-putting in the
first instance, but this is probably because I am used to short pages
and each article having its own separate page. This might be due to
the planet's ever-decreasing attention span.

I like the tags in the nav bar on the side. I am not sure what
significance the size of the tag's font has. I am assuming that it
relates to the popularity of the tag. If so, it is a terrific thing to
do.

Please keep at it. I mentioned it in a Twitter post, and shall
continue to spread the word.

Cheers,

James