Revisiting "Failed to Save DID"

Steve Punter

Oct 1, 2022, 12:42:57 PM10/1/22
to VoIP.ms Console Support Group
The previous thread brought up an error message that came up when the user tried to save a DID with a routing to a Sub Account. I checked the DID editor on the VoIP.ms web portal and foolishly concluded that it did not support such routings. As a result, I REMOVED the ability to route a DID to a Sub Account and released Build 157.

I have since been corrected on this matter. The web portal does indeed support routing to a Sub Account, but they call it "SIP/AIX" and I'd looked right past that, expecting to find an option entitled "Sub Account".

Now that I knew my "solution" was wrong, I put back the ability to route to a Sub Account and I went in search of the true cause of the original error. I found that I was sending the incorrect string to the server when attempting to set a routing to a Sub Account, thus the error.

I have just uploaded Build 158 to Google Play, which fixes all this. The ability to route DIDs to Sub Accounts is back, and this time it works as it is supposed to.

As always, I hope Google Play quickly approves the changes. Sometimes I seem to get picked for a deeper analysis and when that happens, it can take one to two DAYS for an approval.