SMS notification not possible

Jean Lafontaine

Aug 16, 2023, 8:50:19 AM8/16/23
to voip-ms...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i'm not able to define a sound for SMS notification in pro version.

The app crash or dont take the selection.

Thanks!

Jean

Steve Punter

Aug 16, 2023, 6:29:21 PM8/16/23
to VoIP.ms Console Support Group
I have found the issue and I've posted Build 166 to Google Play. Pending any issues with them approving the build, it should be available for download sometime later today. If it doesn't show up, it might mean Google has required me to make more changes to something or another. They never seem to run out of fun little things for me to update.

Steve Punter

Aug 21, 2023, 11:53:21 AM8/21/23
to VoIP.ms Console Support Group
I've spent a bit of time looking into this, and it appears that I've let this part of the app sit untouched for quite some time. It's going to take a fair bit of work to get the background service to function under newer versions of Android and I don't presently have a lot of free time to deal with this.

To be quite honest, I didn't think anyone was still using the SMS part of my app. Even I don't use it, preferring instead to use an app called "VoIP.ms SMS". The guy who wrote this one uses PUSH notifications that don't require constant polling the way mine does, plus his interface is way more modern-looking. If you haven't already made the switch this app for your VoIP.ms text messages yet, I really recommend that you do.

Just the same, when I get some time, I will still go to the trouble of updating the background service on this app.

Jean Lafontaine

Aug 21, 2023, 12:36:09 PM8/21/23
to Steve Punter, VoIP.ms Console Support Group
Hi,

Thanks for your investigation. I do know "voip.ms SMS" application, but with yours, it’s possible to reorder multiple SMS what the other app doesn't offer.

Maybe I'll try to suggest him that functionality.

No rush,