App assigns wrong voicemail to a DID

Andrew Webber

Oct 12, 2020, 4:05:35 PM10/12/20
to VoIP.ms Console Support Group
I looked back and didn't see this discussed, sorry if it's already there.

I have several DIDs and for each I've created a Voicemail (just the default "the person at extension [DID #] ..."). There may be a better way to manage this, but that's a separate discussion. Each DID has the corresponding voicemail set as "Voicemail associated with DID" in the voip.ms website.

If I open a DID in the app and make any change to it,  the voicemail assigned (4th field, under POP) also changes. It appears to be changing to the last voicemail in the list, not sure if that's coincidence. Phoning the number confirms that incorrect voicemail is associated (the automated message reads the number, and if I leave a message the email says so too).

Once that's happened, the only way to make it right is through the website (very painful on my phone, not so bad on notebook), because changing the voicemail field seems to constitute a change, resulting in the same wrong voicemail being associated.

That was longer than I intended, I'll stop now but I'm happy to provide more details privately, and happy to troubleshoot.

Andrew Webber

Jun 29, 2021, 2:26:07 PM6/29/21
to VoIP.ms Console Support Group
Last week I had to edit a DID using the app (have been doing my best to avoid that) and it still changes the assigned vmail to last one on the list instead of the assigned one. Had to go into website to assign the correct vmail.

jftess...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2021, 4:01:37 PM7/9/21
to VoIP.ms Console Support Group
I have the same problem.

8 DIDs and 7 voicemails.

Everytime I change any voicemail for any DID, it's always save with the wrong VM.

If I applied [None] as VM, it save ok.

Andrew Webber

Jul 10, 2021, 12:56:10 PM7/10/21
to VoIP.ms Console Support Group
Thanks for confirming it's not just me. :) Does it always apply the last VM on the list? Mine seems to. My DIDs are pretty low-volume, so I've usually got time to login to the website, check what the app did, and fix if necessary. But if it were higher-volume I'd probably create a new generic vmail and force it to be last on list, something like "thank you for calling, please leave a message and someone will reply as soon as possible" so that at least it doesn't fail-save to "the person at extension [wrong DID]..."

jftess...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2022, 2:45:14 PM3/15/22
to VoIP.ms Console Support Group
Hello,

For your info, the problem still exist with version 1.0.149 pro.

Thank you for this great app.

Jf Tessier

Andrew Webber

Mar 19, 2022, 1:27:00 PM3/19/22
to VoIP.ms Console Support Group
FWIW, it's working for me now on 1.0.149 - Pro, build date 15-Mar-2022.

Thanks.

Jf Tessier

Apr 1, 2022, 4:04:26 PM4/1/22
to VoIP.ms Console Support Group
Hello,
Sorry for the delays.

I've got no problem when I use a 10 digits VM within the VOIP website.

Validate with VOIP if 10 digits is possible
0 - Validation with VOIP (1 to 10).jpg

Step 0 - Version Check (1.0.149 - Pro)
Version Check (1.0.149 - Pro).jpg

Step 1 - Start With None
1 - Start With None.jpg

Step 2 - Test with 9 nine
2 - Change to 9.jpg

Step 3 - Validation for 9 nine
3 - Validation for 9.jpg

Step 4 - Change to 10
4 - Change to 10.jpg

Step 5 - Saving confirmation
5 - Saving confirmation.jpg

Step 6 - Result is another VM
6 - Result is another VM.jpg

Hope it help

Jf Tessier

Apr 13, 2022, 1:03:55 PM4/13/22
to VoIP.ms Console Support Group
Version 1.0.151 - Pro work perfectly. Thanks a lot.