PING Times Feature

Steve Punter

May 19, 2022, 6:27:21 PM5/19/22
to VoIP.ms Console Support Group
I have recently noticed that the "Server Ping Tests" feature of my app does not work. I looked into this, and I discovered that VoIP.ms has disabled ping on their servers. I have a trouble ticket into them on this, but it is possible this change is a new policy, in which case I'll have no choice but to disable the feature until further notice. I'll keep you all updated.

Steve Punter

May 24, 2022, 1:27:21 PM5/24/22
to VoIP.ms Console Support Group
Sadly, the ping service on the VoIP.ms servers HAS BEEN TURNED OFF. This was done as "a matter policy" according to the developer I spoke with. This means that the "Server Ping Tests" feature of my app will have to be removed, as I no longer have a way of testing ping times.

I thought of just timing how long it took to get a response from an API call, but these don't reflect pure latency, and include any delays introduced by the server when responding to a request. If anyone knows of an alternative that works, I'd be happy to give it a try.