Issue 106 in void-impl: proposed property: void:object

void...@googlecode.com

Oct 18, 2012, 9:24:16 AM10/18/12
to void-di...@googlegroups.com
Owner: K.J.W.Al...@gmail.com
Labels: Type-Enhancement Priority-Medium Product-vocab

New issue 106 by K.J.W.Al...@gmail.com: proposed property: void:object
http://code.google.com/p/void-impl/issues/detail?id=106

void:object would identify an object common to all entities in a
Dataset/subset, just as void:property identifies a property common to all
entities in a property partition.

This would allow you to state the number of entities linking to a
particular entity, or having a particular shared value.
Used in combination with void:property, one could express facets of a
dataset/result set with VoID.

eg:
[
void:property dct:date ;
void:object "1985" ;
void:entities 354 ;
] .

void...@googlecode.com

Oct 21, 2012, 4:53:28 PM10/21/12
to void-di...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 106 by rich...@cyganiak.de: proposed property:
void:object
http://code.google.com/p/void-impl/issues/detail?id=106

Is the intention here to express facets over a set of triples (dataset) or
over a set of resources (entity set)? I ask because I could imagine that
one also wants to say that all the things described here are of type
ex:Movie or something.

void...@googlecode.com

Oct 22, 2012, 4:48:56 AM10/22/12
to void-di...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 106 by K.J.W.Al...@gmail.com: proposed property:
void:object
http://code.google.com/p/void-impl/issues/detail?id=106

Yeah facets over entities was the main use case I had in mind. I was
imagining combinations of facets expressed as nested subsets, like:

<dataset> void:classPartition [
void:class bibo:Book ;
void:entities 500 ;
void:subset [