void:graphUpdateEndpoint

1 view

Keith Alexander

May 7, 2012, 12:57:34 PM5/7/12
to void-discussion
How about adding a void:graphUpdateEndpoint property to VoID?
( pointing at the endpoint at which graphs can be indirectly named
with ?graph= and operated upon with HTTP methods.[1])

Although you probably wouldn't want to publish your dataset's
graphUpdateEndpoint on thedatahub, it can be useful, for example, in
configuring software that does things with VoiD datasets.

best,

Keith

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-http-rdf-update/#indirect-graph-identification

Richard Cyganiak

May 8, 2012, 10:08:09 AM5/8/12
to void-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Keith,

Is this usually the same as the SPARQL endpoint?

Best,
Richard

William Waites

May 8, 2012, 10:12:08 AM5/8/12
to void-di...@googlegroups.com, ric...@cyganiak.de
On Tue, 8 May 2012 15:08:09 +0100, Richard Cyganiak <ric...@cyganiak.de> said:

cygri> Hi Keith, Is this usually the same as the SPARQL endpoint?

It is not the same with 4store or with Kasabi's arrangement.

Personally I would say that "best practice" is that your standard HTTP
operations should be done against the graph URI and that there needn't
be a specific update URI. But that isn't always practical and most
people don't do it anyways...

-w

Keith Alexander

May 8, 2012, 10:20:24 AM5/8/12
to void-di...@googlegroups.com, ric...@cyganiak.de
Hi Richard, William,

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM, William Waites <w...@styx.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 May 2012 15:08:09 +0100, Richard Cyganiak <ric...@cyganiak.de> said:
>
>    cygri> Hi Keith, Is this usually the same as the SPARQL endpoint?

I haven't seen that (though perhaps for INSERT/DELETE SPARQL update
queries it is)

> It is not the same with 4store or with Kasabi's arrangement.

Fuseki has /data for the graph update endpoint and /query for the
sparql endpoint

http://incubator.apache.org/jena/documentation/serving_data/

Cheers,

Keith

Richard Cyganiak

May 8, 2012, 11:01:44 AM5/8/12
to void-di...@googlegroups.com
On 8 May 2012, at 15:20, Keith Alexander wrote:
>> cygri> Hi Keith, Is this usually the same as the SPARQL endpoint?
>
> I haven't seen that (though perhaps for INSERT/DELETE SPARQL update
> queries it is)

Ok, thanks.

Do you happen to know by chance if SPARQL SD has anything that might help here?

If not, then I'd be +1 on adding something like this to VoID.

Best,
Richard