Windows 10 Default Voice in voice attack --how to change it and where

Eric Bright

Sep 6, 2015, 1:19:46 PM9/6/15
to VoiceAttack

Windows 10 Speech Setup --Default Voice in Voice Attack

With the advance of windows 10, it has made some added features available, and settings have been placed in several different locations that have caused me confusion at least

  1. Don't go to the “Settings Option in the Start Menu”, as this just confuses the issue.

  2. In the “Seach the web and Windows”, type in Control Panel and select it (This is the traditional control panel that we have used in previous versions of windows)

  3. Select “Ease of Access” in the lower right side

  4. Select Speech Recoginition

  5. On the left side of the screen, select Advanced Speech Options

  6. Select the Text to Speech Tab, and pull down the voice you want to use.

Recommended you turn of Cortana

  1. Left Click on the Search the Web and Windows at the bottom

  2. Select settings on the left side, and turn off Cortana suggestions

Shane Horne

Jan 15, 2016, 6:17:14 PM1/15/16
to VoiceAttack
Thank you for this information, I have spent hours looking for this as using the start button > languages options did not make any changes.

In Windows 10 I current have Catherine Mobile set as the default voice for Apps. But under Control Panel > Text To Speech I only have David and Zira to pick from. I've downloaded the language packs from Microsoft, but Can't use any of them here. Do you know how to make those available?

Thank you again.

Luca D

Jan 16, 2016, 8:46:26 AM1/16/16
to VoiceAttack
Couple of shortcuts:

*Right* click on the Start button->Control Panel->[from step 3 on]

or

Press Win+R->type "%windir%\System32\Speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl"->[step 6] for 64bit voices

Press Win+R->type "%windir%\SysWOW64\Speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl"->[step 6] for 32bit voices

(yes, the folder names looks backwards, it's the way it is...)

Iggy Pi

Jun 1, 2016, 5:09:25 AM6/1/16
to VoiceAttack
THX mate, you saved my day :)