NumLock keeps switching off

John Stevens

Jan 13, 2016, 10:39:41 AM1/13/16
to VoiceAttack
I have a problem of the NumLock key switching off when I use VoiceAttack can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

popa...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2016, 10:52:57 AM1/13/16
to VoiceAttack
I had a similar problem with keys not working and my problem was that one of the defined key binds had a shortcut key assigned to it, with the "no pass through" option ticked, so it didn't work when VA was running. I changed the shortcut key to a shift+shortcut and affected keys were working again.

Not sure if yours is the same problem, but check the shortcuts in the bindings to see if Numlock has been allocated and change it to something else, to see if this stops the issue, then reallocate if it doesn't

John Stevens

Jan 13, 2016, 11:16:59 AM1/13/16
to VoiceAttack
Thanks for the reply I have had a look through and can't see the NumLock assigned to anything.

Gary Magenheimer

Jan 13, 2016, 12:50:09 PM1/13/16
to voice...@googlegroups.com
Hi, John.

What version of VA are you using?
There was a beta that went out briefly that may be causing that.  Outside of that there would need to be a key press somewhere.

Gary
--

---

wiesel

Jan 13, 2016, 1:28:51 PM1/13/16
to VoiceAttack
You should also look for a Pause/Break Keypress in your Profile.
That happens only if the Key input Method: Windows Game (DirectX) is selected.

Reagrds,
Wiesel

John Stevens

Jan 13, 2016, 2:43:18 PM1/13/16
to VoiceAttack
I am using 1.5.8

John Stevens

Jan 13, 2016, 2:44:28 PM1/13/16
to VoiceAttack
I have pause\break in my profile for pause set for Directx

Gary

Jan 13, 2016, 3:59:00 PM1/13/16
to VoiceAttack
That switches, 'Numlock' on your system?

Gary

Gary

Jan 13, 2016, 4:18:33 PM1/13/16
to VoiceAttack
Does the Pause/Break key work under your DirectX game and not in a Windows context or does it turn on numlock within the game (I'm travelling and can not test...sorry about that).

Gary

wiesel

Jan 13, 2016, 5:45:27 PM1/13/16
to VoiceAttack
Hi Gary,

That makes no difference. It also works in Windows.

safe journey,
Wiesel

Gary

May 7, 2016, 10:40:35 PM5/7/16
to VoiceAttack
I'm back on this since I've gotten a bug report about it in the forum.  From what I can tell, things are passing through as I would expect them.  There's something up on the api end I am suspecting.  I noticed that this does not exhibit this behavior if you change to Standard mode and use against something like Notepad.  Not sure if I'm going to be able to fix this o_O

Gary

Darren

May 8, 2016, 3:05:47 AM5/8/16
to VoiceAttack
The Windows API?  That wouldn't surprise me considering VBA has had a bug for years where it will often toggle NumLock, CapsLock and ScrollLock when using SendKeys, which is used to simulate key presses.  I realize the two aren't related, just sayin'...