'Run continuously' action not running continuously

cmdr.m...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2016, 11:15:19 AM1/31/16
to VoiceAttack
I have an 'event loop' action set up to start when a profile is loaded and to run continuously.  However it commonly stops without starting again, and when it does the log window shows that the action stops but doesn't show it starting again.  I'm unsure as to why it stops sometimes, but it might be after the profile has been edited.

How can I ensure that the action does restart when it stops?

Luca D

Jan 31, 2016, 4:57:11 PM1/31/16
to VoiceAttack
Did you check the option to stop when the active window loses focus?
It's usually ON by default...

cmdr.m...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2016, 5:49:39 PM1/31/16
to VoiceAttack
It's not checked, no.

Gary

Feb 2, 2016, 11:16:50 PM2/2/16
to VoiceAttack
This is something I would need to look into, since editing or changing profiles stops all commands.  I can see editing not stopping an active command (as long as the command being edited is not the one that is running).  Then again, the idea is to stop input commands from affecting what you are doing, which may not be desirable for most, and I'd hesitate adding an option to allow it.

Changing profiles is another story, as that could break as subcommands could possibly not be resident at the time of execution.

Gary

cmdr.m...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2016, 2:44:01 PM2/3/16
to VoiceAttack
Would it be possible to restart any "run this on profile load" commands if present after editing is done?

Gary

Feb 3, 2016, 8:47:11 PM2/3/16
to VoiceAttack
Something to consider...

Gary

cmdr.m...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2016, 5:37:57 AM2/9/16
to VoiceAttack
This is turning out to be a real problem issue for my plugin, because it relies on a particular command running all the time and it's being turned off at various times (usually after editing a profile but it does seem to happen at other times as well).  I've been thinking about this and realise that restarting the "run this on profile load" could be detrimental (if the command has initialisation-type stuff in it) but if a command has 'run continuously' checked it seems fair to restart the command whenever it is stopped.  Would you agree?

cmdr.m...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2016, 1:53:56 PM4/16/16
to VoiceAttack
Any further thoughts on this?

cmdr.m...@gmail.com

May 9, 2016, 9:03:58 AM5/9/16
to VoiceAttack
Sorry to keep bumping this, but it continues to be the #1 issue for users of my plugin.

As below, if a command has 'run continuously' checked can it be restarted whenever it is stopped for any reason?

Gary

May 10, 2016, 1:57:27 PM5/10/16
to VoiceAttack
I can look into adding an option to run the profile startup command after edit, if that would suffice.  I can add a new execution type that can be checked with the {CMDACTION} token so you can differentiate between an edit exec and a startup exec.

I looked into allowing things to keep running when the profile is being edited and found that there's way too much that could go wrong if things kept going in the background o_O

Gary

cmdr.m...@gmail.com

May 19, 2016, 7:52:02 AM5/19/16
to VoiceAttack
It's a solution, although not really optimal as it means scattering the logic across multiple commands.

Note that I'm not after keeping commands running when the profile is being edited, just restarting those marked for continuous running once the editing is complete.  Is this not a possible solution?

Gary

May 19, 2016, 11:51:25 AM5/19/16
to VoiceAttack
I thought you said there was a command that was run when the profile was loaded?  The logic can be put in that same command.  Outside of that, I'm not sure what I can do for this.

Gary