Win10 & MSI Carbon Motherboard no Mic

Ricky Thompson

May 5, 2016, 2:30:36 PM5/5/16
to VoiceAttack
Sent a note to support as well but hoping someone can help.  Just got a new computer.  It's got Windows 10 with a MSI Carbon Motherboard.  I used VoiceAttack for ever on my old computer which was Windows 7.

Win10 recognizes the microphone, I can go to speech recognition and do the training and microphone setups and all works fine.  But voice attacks volume indicator never moves.  I've tried the front set of plugs and the back set of plugs and neither seem to matter.  Teamspeak the mic works fine as well.  The microphone is set as my default device.  I hear the sounds in my headset from VoiceAttack it just never hears me.

Any ideas?

Gary

May 5, 2016, 10:05:06 PM5/5/16
to VoiceAttack
Hi, Ricky.

You might want to take a look at this thread, as it's got a lot of tips to get things going in there:

Hope that helps!

Gary

Ricky Thompson

May 6, 2016, 10:34:17 AM5/6/16
to VoiceAttack
I downloaded the Beta and checked the two new options you have and that seemed to fix it.