Re: Error in ContentProvider Tutorial - Change according to 4.2 Jelly Bean

Lars Vogel

Jun 17, 2013, 7:40:16 AM6/17/13
to vog...@googlegroups.com

2013/3/1 Yasir <thalh...@gmail.com>
Hi Lars,

You are doing a great job on the tutorial and its my place to go to learn Android. However i noted one issue in the following post

http://www.vogella.com/articles/AndroidSQLite/article.html#overview

In the heading "5.3. Security and ContentProvider" you have specified that by default, the content provider is shared and for security we need to set the "android:exported=false".

This has changed with Android Jelly Bean Version 4.2. Its now by default false and if you need to share it needs to be set true.

Just my 2 cents. Kindly change accordingly..

Ref: http://developer.android.com/about/versions/android-4.2.html

Thanks & Regards
Thalha