Typo(s) in "Eclipse Jobs - Background Processing"

Alex

Jan 20, 2012, 9:39:50 AM1/20/12
to vogella
Hey Lars,

thank you very much for your great tutorials. I just found a small
error in your example an decided to report it to make it flawless. :)

Eclipse Jobs - Background Processing
1.2. Using syncExec() and asyncExec()

Add a ");" to the end of both code blocks, and to be super correct,
remove the lonely space before the second "Display";

Thx and bye,
Alex

Lars Vogel

Jan 25, 2012, 3:33:59 AM1/25/12
to vog...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

thanks for the feedback.

Fixed.

I also completely re-worked the tutorial to make the explanation simpler.

Best regards, Lars

2012/1/20 Alex <alex.bu...@googlemail.com>
Alex

Lars
http://www.vogella.de - Eclipse, Android and Java Tutorials
http://www.twitter.com/vogella - Lars on Twitter

Alex

Jan 26, 2012, 2:17:12 AM1/26/12
to vogella
Hi Lars,

still wrong :P
The ); should close the asyncExec( the correct position is:

// This will update the UI asynchronously, e.g. the calling thread
will continue

Display.getDefault().asyncExec(new Runnable() {
public void run() {
... do any work that updates the screen ...
}
});

// This will update the UI synchronously, e.g. the calling thread will
wait
// until the work is done

Display.getDefault().syncExec(new Runnable() {
public void run() {
... do any work that updates the screen ...
}
});

Best regards, Alex

On 25 Jan., 09:33, Lars Vogel <lars.vo...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> thanks for the feedback.
>
> Fixed.
>
> I also completely re-worked the tutorial to make the explanation simpler.
>
> Best regards, Lars

Lars Vogel

Jan 28, 2012, 5:35:24 PM1/28/12
to vog...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

sorry that was stupid of me, I should have used the compiler to validate my input.

Fixed now!

Best regards, Lars

2012/1/26 Alex <alex.bu...@googlemail.com>

Lars Vogel

Jul 10, 2013, 5:37:29 AM7/10/13
to Martin Janda, vog...@googlegroups.com, Lars Vogel
Thanks. Will be fixed in 10 minutes (I reworked the whole tutorial). http://www.vogella.com/articles/EclipseJobs/article.html

2013/7/9 Martin Janda <damdr...@gmail.com>
Hi,

there are some other typos ((I'm referring to http://www.vogella.com/articles/EclipseJobs/article.html)):

Section 2.2

"Using UISynchronize is the preferred method rather than using the Display.getDefault().asyncExec() or Display.getDefault().asyncExec() methods, as this allows a consistent programming model using dependency injection."

One of those should be Display.getDefault().syncExec().

Section 4

IEventBrooker (all occurences) was probably meant to be IEventBroker?

"... this method is be automatically called in the user interface thread ..."
is be -> will be? (my english isn't too good so sorry if that was an intention)

Thanks for your tutorials!

Lars Vogel

Jul 10, 2013, 11:24:56 AM7/10/13
to Martin Janda, vog...@googlegroups.com, Lars Vogel
Thanks. Also fixed. Online in approx. 5 min.

2013/7/10 Martin Janda <damdr...@gmail.com>
There are still three occurences of "brooker" in the text, not a big deal though, everyone'll get the message.