Not finding "new-> Other-> Example EMF Model Creation Wizards -> Model Model" in EMF Tutorial

Renee

Jan 20, 2010, 4:17:20 AM1/20/10
to vogella
I followed Mr Vogel's excellent Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) -
Tutorial and am having no luck getting the right wizard in Step 5.3,
where we are instructed to launch the Model Model wizard. I see a
bunch of other Example EMF Model Creation Wizards in the list but none
of them will allow a .model file so I guess the Model Model wizard is
the only one that will work. I've made sure I have the latest
Eclipse and kits, for example,

Eclipse version: 3.5.1
EMF SDK, examples, etc: 2.5.0

How do I get to the Model Model wizard?

TIA from an EMF newbie.

Lars Vogel

Jan 20, 2010, 11:30:59 AM1/20/10
to vog...@googlegroups.com
Hi Renee,

I recently did an update of the article and it look like I forget to
update the screenshots from chapter 5.

I do the update tonight, a new version should be available tomorrow.

Best regards, Lars

2010/1/20 Renee <reneet...@gmail.com>:

> --

Lars
http://www.vogella.de - Tutorials about Java, Eclipse and Web programming
http://www.twitter.com/vogella - Lars on Twitter

Lars Vogel

Jan 20, 2010, 7:34:12 PM1/20/10
to vog...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

you find an update version of the tutorial here:
http://www.vogella.de/articles/EclipseEMF/article.html

Let me know if that solves your problem.

Cheers, Lars

Renee

Jan 21, 2010, 1:01:47 AM1/21/10
to vogella
The latest version of the tutorial, in step 5.3, has instruction text
that reads "new-> Other-> Example EMF Model Creation Wizards -> Model
Model" but the graphic indicates "Webpage" model.
Also, in the step that follows, you instruct the user to name the file
my.Website but the graphic shows My.webpage.

I'm still not seeing the generated model show up in the list of
Example EMF Model Creation Wizards.

Regards,
Renee

On Jan 20, 4:34 pm, Lars Vogel <lars.vo...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you find an update version of the tutorial here:http://www.vogella.de/articles/EclipseEMF/article.html
>
> Let me know if that solves your problem.
>
> Cheers, Lars
>

> 2010/1/20 Lars Vogel <lars.vo...@googlemail.com>:

> > Hi Renee,
>
> > I recently did an update of the article and it look like I forget to
> > update the screenshots from chapter 5.
>
> > I do the update tonight, a new version should be available tomorrow.
>
> > Best regards, Lars
>

> > 2010/1/20 Renee <reneetcan...@gmail.com>:

> >> I followed Mr Vogel's excellent Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) -
> >> Tutorial and am having no luck getting the right wizard in Step 5.3,
> >> where we are instructed to launch the Model Model wizard.  I see a
> >> bunch of other Example EMF Model Creation Wizards in the list but none
> >> of them will allow a .model file so I guess the Model Model wizard is
> >> the only one that will work.   I've made sure I have the latest
> >> Eclipse and kits, for example,
>
> >> Eclipse version:  3.5.1
> >> EMF SDK, examples, etc: 2.5.0
>
> >> How do I get to the Model Model wizard?
>
> >> TIA from an EMF newbie.
>
> >> --
>
> > --
> > Lars

> >http://www.vogella.de- Tutorials about Java, Eclipse and Web programming

> >http://www.twitter.com/vogella- Lars on Twitter
>
> --

> Larshttp://www.vogella.de- Tutorials about Java, Eclipse and Web programminghttp://www.twitter.com/vogella- Lars on Twitter

Lars Vogel

Jan 21, 2010, 1:28:15 AM1/21/10
to vog...@googlegroups.com
Hi Renee,

thanks for the feedback. The screenshots are correct; I corrected the text soon.

Did you create a launch configuration for your plugin and did you
start another Eclipse instance?

Best regards, Lars

Lars Vogel

Jun 5, 2013, 5:28:22 AM6/5/13
to vog...@googlegroups.com
Maybe you did not install the new plug-ins into your workspace?

2013/6/4 ruzrulit <ruzr...@gmail.com>
среда, 20 января 2010 г., 10:17:20 UTC+1 пользователь Renee написал:
Hi Vogella,
i've done all steps and stocked when i must create a new child 'WebPage'. I don't see menu 'New child...'. What kind of problem may it be?

Best regards,
Ruzalin