WARNING: Please use your own API key

1 view

scott persinger

Jan 21, 2009, 1:13:42 PM1/21/09
to Vodpod API
Please do not use our internal 'js_widget' key for your own API calls.
Specifically, this key is meant to be exposed via Javascript, not used
for server-side calls. For server-side calls, you should use the API
key that is specific to your Vodpod account. This helps us associate
api calls with the proper user and account.

If you need to make API calls from Javascript, then you can use the
js_widget key so you don't reveal your own key. We are going to
introduce 'public keys' soon that will be safer for Javascript calls.

--scott

scott persinger

Jan 22, 2009, 3:13:25 PM1/22/09
to Vodpod API
Update:

Ok, so we already have a private key called the "auth_key". You need
to use this for any calls that update data. This means it should be
safe to use your API Key in Javascript calls. For edit/update calls,
you need to provide both your API key and Auth key.

DragonFlyEye

Jan 30, 2009, 1:09:38 PM1/30/09
to Vodpod API
And where are we supposed to find these keys?

scott persinger

Jan 30, 2009, 2:46:41 PM1/30/09
to Vodpod API
Sorry, yeah that would have been useful info! Go here:

http://vodpod.com/account/edit/advanced

(Under your vodpod account, click 'change settings', then 'advanced'
tab).

DragonFlyEye

Jan 30, 2009, 3:45:59 PM1/30/09
to Vodpod API