search API not working quite right

Xondie

Nov 29, 2009, 5:01:10 PM11/29/09
to Vodpod API
I am adding a search box to a WordPress video gallery which is using
the Vodpod API. It seems to only be returning results if the word is
found in the title, not the description.

Here is an example URL which I would expect to return a result:

http://api.vodpod.com/api/pod/search.xml?pod_id=polesabz-politics&api_key=js_widget&query=German&page=1&per_page=20

I know there is a video in the polesabz-politics collection that has
the word "German" in the description, but not on the title.

If I search on a word such as "student" it returns many results as
expected since so many videos have "student" in the title.

Am I doing something wrong? I am pretty sure I tried this out several
weeks ago and results were returned based on both the title and the
description.

Thanks!

scott persinger

Nov 30, 2009, 6:00:54 PM11/30/09
to vodpo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xondie,

Yeah, I can see the bug. It should work, but our database recorded that video with a blank comment, and the comment is going into the search index instead of the description. I will fix the bug, but I am out of town until Thursday so it will have to wait until then.

--scott

Xondie

Dec 1, 2009, 10:54:59 AM12/1/09
to Vodpod API
I don't mind waiting. Thanks so much for your help.