/video/post confusion

brock

Jan 16, 2009, 9:04:48 PM1/16/09
to Vodpod API
The example url doesn't match the description in the API, so I'm
having a hard time figuring it out.

Assuming the pod_id is required and taken as "pod_id",

Using my auth key for api_key, I get a 401 error.
Using my api key for api_key, I get a 500 error.

So, I'm guessing I need to use the auth key and I'm getting a syntax
error by the way Rails is forming the params. Does that sound about
right?

Rails is taking my url and replacing the characters like so:

&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dr9YmiI8XV6s

But, even when I manually create the url like:

/api/video/post.xml?api_key=MY_AUTH_KEY&description=CameraFraud+is
+holding+an+East+vs+West+competition&pod_id=427993&tags=Phoenix
+CameraFraud&title=CF+Sign+Making&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=r9YmiI8XV6s

it returns a syntax error.

If somebody can point out what I'm doing wrong, I would appreciate it.

Brock

scott persinger

Jan 27, 2009, 8:41:06 PM1/27/09
to Vodpod API
Brock,

You just need to include BOTH the "auth" and the "api_key" parameters.
You can get both from your Vodpod account settings page.

--Scott