Disabling browser based debug messages

db...@essex.ac.uk

Mar 7, 2022, 8:54:55 AM3/7/22
to vocbench-user
Hi, we recently had a pen test conducted on our instance of VocBench 10.1 and one of the observations is:
 "Vocbench's error pages show highly detailed error trace logs. Attackers can collect information about the system easily and prepare attacks accordingly."

Is there any configurable way we can disable browser based debug messages like the attached?

Many thanks, Darren (UK Data Archive)
image-2022-03-07-12-44-17-802.png

Armando Stellato

Mar 7, 2022, 12:32:12 PM3/7/22
to db...@essex.ac.uk, vocbench-user

Dear Darren,

Thanks for reporting this. I guess we can put an option for omitting the “details” part from the server responses.

Kind Regards,

Armando