Randomization in Custom-Form

Frank Nebel

Apr 23, 2022, 10:00:16 AM4/23/22
to vocbench-user
Dear all,

I am stuck with the custom forms feature. I have an OWL-based model and RDFS-based lexicalization in my project. For some class "Test", I wrote a custom form that is supposed to generate an instance of "Test" (with a random URI) and furthermore adds a label as a description:

nodes = {
   resource uri(coda:randIdGen('"x",{})) .

   lang literal userPrompt/lang .
   name literal(coda:langString($lang)) userPrompt/name .
}
graph = {
   $resource rdfs:label $name .
}

Creating an instance now, I would expect that only the "name" is requested (with a language label). However, the form still includes a text field to specify the URI (there is no randomization). I followed the tutorial provided (for SKOS). Is there any limitation or do I miss something? I was pretty sure that I sorted this out a few weeks ago (but I cannot find my notes anymore).

All the best

Frank

Armando Stellato

Apr 25, 2022, 4:49:43 AM4/25/22
to Frank Nebel, vocbench-user

Dear Frank,

temporary bad news and final good news.

Bad news: this is related to something that I possible mentioned in one of our last emails about CFs. We have an overlay mechanism for which, when creating resources without a class, the CF is completely written, whereas when creating CFs for a specific class, the CF just adds fields to the existing ones (i.e. the overlay) for the specific resource type (e.g. URI field for any individual, URI field + Scheme choice and class refinement for concepts, etc..)

“resources without a class” currently amounts to custom ranges. So, if you associate a CF to an existing class, you will get the standard URI creation field.

Good news: the new CFs I mentioned in our previous email exchanges will cover this, so that you can:

  • Renounce to the overlay when making a form for a typed element
  • Reuse some standard field (such as the one for the URI) even when creating a form for a resource with no associated (a priori) type

Version 11.0 was planned for end of April. We might have a small delay, but you won’t wait too much :-)

Kind Regards,

Armando

P.S. a good Liberation Day to all Italians in the list! Most of the VB team, including me, might be off today

Frank Nebel

Apr 25, 2022, 11:33:42 AM4/25/22
to Armando Stellato, vocbench-user
Dear Armando,

Thank you for your swift reply. I am looking forward to the 11.0. release.

Best

Frank