ShowVoc Search in Alignments tab not working?

Roland Wingerter

Feb 15, 2022, 12:38:10 PM2/15/22
to vocbench-user
Dear ShowVoc team,

playing around with ShowVoc, I noticed that the search does not seem to work in the "Alignments" tab. But maybe I am missing something.

To see what I mean, follow these steps.

2. Select tab "Concept".
2.1 Optionally, choose rendering languages
2.2 Set Search mode to "Exact"
2.3. Search for one of the concepts in the list (e.g. "C MANUFACTURING")
> ShowVoc will find the concept and highlight it.

3. Select tab "Alignments".
3.1 Select the only choice (http://stats-class.fao.uniroma2.it/ISIC/rev4/) and click. > ShowVoc displays alignments to ISIC.
3.2 Make sure Search mode is set to "Exact".
3.3 Search for one of the concepts displayed in  the list (e.g. "C MANUFACTURING").
> ShowVoc will open an empty "result" window.

Kind regards
Roland

Tiziano Lorenzetti

Feb 16, 2022, 4:09:07 AM2/16/22
to Roland Wingerter, vocbench-user
Dear Roland,
thaks for reporting this. Indeed it's a bug which I have fixed right now. It only occurs when the target aligned dataset is not availabe.
You can see that in other cases where the target dataset is available (e.g. see Alignments in https://showvoc.op.europa.eu/#/datasets/ESTAT_CN2019/data) the search works fine and it returns results correctly.
Thanks again.

Best regards,
Tiziano

Roland Wingerter

Feb 16, 2022, 7:55:14 AM2/16/22
to vocbench-user
Dear Tiziano,

thank you for fixing it, and for your explanation, including the example.

Kind regards
Roland