Creating Custom Roles in VB

Milda Kukytė

Dec 30, 2022, 3:55:30 AM12/30/22
to vocbench-user
Dear all,

I am working on creating a custom role for my project in VB. My goal would be to create a role which would only allow to create Lexical Entries via using this button:
Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 10.44.00.png
In my project, this button would prompt a custom form to appear.
In other words, I want to define a role which is very restrictive (very similar to 'lurker'; however having only one capability of being able to fill out the custom form for the addition of new Lexical Entry).
However, I cannot find an appropriate capability, which would enable that. Hence, my question is whether such custom role is possible to be created?

Kind regards,
Milda

Roland Wingerter

Dec 30, 2022, 1:34:21 PM12/30/22
to vocbench-user
Hi Milda,

here are the steps to create a new role (cf. http://vocbench.uniroma2.it/doc/user/roles_adm.jsf#the_roles_panel).

1. Login as Admin.
2. Go to the user menu (activated from the user icon, topmost-right part of the screen) and select "Administration".
3. On the "Roles" panel, click the + button to create a new role and give it a name (e.g. "test_role").
4. On the "Role capabilities" panel, click the + button to define the capabilities (see screenshot attached).
5. Close the form by clicking OK.
6. Go to the "Projects" panel and select the project in question.
7. Click on the user to whom you want to assign the new role and choose the new role from "Available roles".
8. I also assigned the "lurker" role to the user (with the capability(rdf,"R")).
9. Logout
10. Login as the user to whom you assigned the new role. You should be able to add a new lexical entry, but no other resources.

Hope this helps
Roland
Add role capability.png

Armando Stellato

Jan 2, 2023, 12:52:11 PM1/2/23
to Roland Wingerter, vocbench-user

Dear Milda,

just one little addendum to the reply of Roland. I guess you could use the lexicalization role. That already puts the user in the possibility of editing every kind of lexicalization (thus including ontolex ones) and do nothing else.

Kind Regards,

Armando

Milda Kukytė

Jan 3, 2023, 2:22:41 AM1/3/23
to Armando Stellato, Roland Wingerter, vocbench-user
Thank you, that was very helpful!

Kind regards,
Milda