ICV Concepts related disjoint relations does not work in VB3 v9.1

Jeannine Beeken

Aug 23, 2021, 9:43:17 AM8/23/21
to vocbench-user
Hi,
The ICV constraint

Concepts related disjoint relations

skos:Concept(s) connected to another with both the skos:related and the skos:broaderTransitive (skos:related relation is disjoint with skos:broaderTransitive)

does not seem to be working properly, see attachment.  Could this be fixed, please. Thanks.

Best wishes,
Jeannine
ICV_BT_RT.PNG

Jeannine Beeken

Aug 23, 2021, 9:50:05 AM8/23/21
to vocbench-user
Hi,

Adding another screenshot to my previous comment. The attached screenshot ICV_Run_result gives no results after running the constraint, i.e. the anomaly is not detected by VB, hence the constraint is not working.

Best wishes,
Jeannine
ICV_Run_result.PNG

Armando Stellato

Aug 25, 2021, 4:47:45 AM8/25/21
to Jeannine Beeken, vocbench-user

Dear Jeannine,

I guess I know what happens: the ICV only checks specifically for skos:broaderTransitive, however skos:broader is a rdfs:subPropertyOf skos:broaderTransitive and should be checked as well (indeed, the transitive closure of skos:broaderTransitive should be checked, and this is another thing we are going to verify)

Thanks for your feedback, it’s on the fix list,

Kind Regards,

Armando

Jeannine Beeken

Aug 25, 2021, 4:58:38 AM8/25/21
to vocbench-user
Dear Armando,

Thank you for fixing the issue.  Will it be part of the next release?

Best wishes,
Jeannine

Armando Stellato

Aug 25, 2021, 6:06:51 AM8/25/21
to Jeannine Beeken, vocbench-user

Dear Jeannine,

for sure it will be part of the next major release. Most probably, it will be part of a next fix-release if we release one

Kind Regards,

Armando

Armando Stellato

Aug 25, 2021, 6:20:14 AM8/25/21
to Jeannine Beeken, vocbench-user

Update: fixed :-)

So it will be available in whatever the next version will be :D

Jeannine Beeken

Aug 25, 2021, 6:37:47 AM8/25/21
to vocbench-user
Great, thanks!

Jeannine Beeken

Apr 20, 2022, 9:57:47 AM4/20/22
to vocbench-user
Hi,
Recently, I tested the same constraint in version 10.2.1 and,  indeed, this time the 'same' BT and RT were discovered as a violation.  Thanks for fixing!
Best wishes,
Jeannine