Trivial inference export

Jeannine Beeken

Jun 21, 2024, 5:20:35 AMJun 21
to vocbench-user
Hi,

When creating a new project we ticked the 'Trivial inference' option (together with History and Undo). We now want to export the project as N-triples. My question is: do we still need to tick the 'Inference' box next to the submit button on the export page, or would that result in an error or unwanted doubles thanks.

Best wishes,
Jeannine

Armando Stellato

Jun 21, 2024, 6:17:33 AMJun 21
to Jeannine Beeken, vocbench-user

Dear Jeannine,

I’ll give you a general explanation about inference which luckily is valid for everything and every option :-)

  1. Activation of inference at project creation (it can also be changed later, depending on the triple store) is creating a dedicated space for inferred triples. There is an inference graph and triples there are only seen when inference option is specified in accessing the data. In VB’s UI, this always translates into an inference box or a general “see inferred triples” button as, by default, inferred triples are not retrieved. Even when you export, if you don’t tick the option, only explicit triples will be exported
  2. The trivial inference option has a very different behavior: it really infers and writes those inferred triples directly in the data graph in the very moment that you perform an action. From that moment on, they are part of the explicit triples and there’s no difference. The inference engine does not generate any duplicates, no worries.

Kind Regards,

Armando