Email configuration

Petra Claudia S.

Apr 10, 2024, 4:43:07 AMApr 10
to vocbench-user
Dear community,

after a while and many restarts, Vocbench started working. However I got stranded at the second settings - the mail configuration.

I also tried alternatives (ports, protocol version). Here my account details are not accepted. Pass word is certainly correct. The email address I enter differs from my professional address I gave in the settings before.
 Please find attached the screenshot.

I did everything as explained in the manual.Screenshot 2024-04-10 103311.png

A local IT expert had no other idea.

Thank you for hints and advice
Petra

Tiziano Lorenzetti

Apr 10, 2024, 4:51:40 AMApr 10
to Petra Claudia S., vocbench-user
Dear Petra,
for security reasons, gmail doesn't allow you to send emails within third part app using your actual password.
In order to use a gmail account in VB you need to create an "app password".
You can find the documentation here https://support.google.com/mail/answer/185833.

Best regards,
Tiziano

Message has been deleted