problem with connection

abdallah hatem

Mar 22, 2023, 9:39:36 AM3/22/23
to VNA Tools

I have  E8362B 10mhz to 20ghz spectrum analyzer but I have a problem to connect it with metas vna tool

I cant find my instrument in the metas tool program I connect the instrument to my computer via a GPIP to USB ni cable and its identited well and the led ready is on in the adaptor cable.

So help me to connect

Abd thank you

Waiting for yours response

Screenshot 2023-03-22 120231.png

Michael Wollensack METAS

Mar 22, 2023, 10:12:18 AM3/22/23
to VNA Tools
Hi,

first you need to create a new database entry for your E8362B Network Analyzer.

Database / VNA Device / New VNA

Then you need to specify the Driver and the Resource (VISA resource name).

After that you can use it in the measurement journal.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Michael

abdallah hatem

Mar 22, 2023, 11:35:22 AM3/22/23
to VNA Tools
 I did what you explain but what i should i choose from Resource
also when i press test drive i have this message
thank you for your replay and i hope you help me

Screenshot 2023-03-22 160350.png
3.png

Michael Wollensack METAS

Mar 23, 2023, 3:05:06 AM3/23/23
to VNA Tools
Make sure that NI-VISA .NET Development Support and NI-VISA .NET Runtime support is installed.