Decascading of unknown port extension

wickli...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2020, 7:07:13 AM10/15/20
to VNA Tools
Hi

From time to time I have to measure the impedance (Z11) of devices with very differing connectors, alot of them will not have Calibration Kits available (e.g. USB Connector).

Previously I was able to do a one port calibration and choose to do an auto length correction (I believe it's fixture removal with Keysight VNAs) with the "N to USB" Adaptor attached.

Is there an easy and convenient way to do the same in VNA tools?
I was thinking of measuring the adaptor as well as adaptor with DUT attached and after the error correction cascade them like "cascade(Inv(adaptor),Adaptor with DUT)".

Is this a suitable way?
Or is there another convenient way to do this?

Best Regards
Patric