GSOLT thru requirements

Zach Horn

Apr 8, 2022, 4:34:39 PM4/8/22
to VNA Tools
The GSOLT implementation in VNATools appears to require the thru port pairs 1/2, 1/3, and 1/4, in that order. Is this correct?

This is a problem for wafer probes with fixed pitch where there often isn't a "cross" standard. For example, we have ports 1 and 3 assigned to our device's inputs and ports 2 and 4 assigned to our device's outputs. We have thrus 1/2, 3/4, 1/3, and 2/4.

Thanks,

Zach Horn

Michael Wollensack METAS

Apr 11, 2022, 5:24:53 AM4/11/22
to VNA Tools
Hi,

this is not possible at the moment with a GSOLT calibration. This is a limitation of VNA Tools.

But you could go for a LHKM calibration. There you can specify that you've transmission standards between port 1/2, 3/4 and 1/3.
And you can add as well reflection standards for port2 2, 3 and 4. For a LHKM calibration you need to measure as well the switch terms.

Regards
Michael