Reading out MU from CMC data

cbac...@emc-testcenter.com

Dec 28, 2020, 11:40:38 AM12/28/20
to VNA Tools
Hi,
I have a question about reading out the particular MU values from the CMC data.
I want to check how big is the influence of Primary Calibration Standard, so I switched on all those parts as seen in the picture.
When I click on the plot it says the Uncertainty component should be 0.0005. So it should be visible on the scale I chose. But I can not see anything. What is the reason for this?

Thanks and regards
Cecile
MU_Calibration_standards1.png

Michael Wollensack METAS

Jan 6, 2021, 5:02:01 AM1/6/21
to VNA Tools
Hi Cecile,

> I want to check how big is the influence of Primary Calibration Standard, so I switched on all those parts as seen in the picture.
> What is the reason for this?

You switched on all Agilent Model Standard types (Calibration Standard Short, Open, ..) and not the Primary Calibration Standards.

To switch on (select user uncertainty components) the Primary Calibration Standards is not supported by the software.

Regards
Michael

cbac...@emc-testcenter.com

Jul 12, 2021, 4:58:18 AM7/12/21
to VNA Tools
Hi Michael,
thanks, so why do I need the Agilent Model Standard types for the MU calculation and not the Primary Calibration Standards?

And I also have a question about the Electrical DC Resistance. I would like to minimize my MU value for frequencies below 10 MHz. As my calkit is not calibrated below 10 MHz, the MU of the DC restistance ist the dominant contribution below 10 MHz.  I entered a extrapolated value on the DC points, but have no points between DC and 10 MHz. Assuming my DC extrapolation is not good enough, what would make the MU value better? Would it be better to use the values of an ideal calibration kit for DC or to measure the actual DC resistance? Will the value I enter at DC point have an influence on the shown dc resistance MU at all?
I attached a graph of the CMC of the DC resistance.Electrical_transmission_2020_anleitung.png

Thanks and regards
Cecile