Connecting a P5002A with VNA Tools

Patric Wickli

Aug 3, 2020, 9:01:03 AM8/3/20
to VNA Tools
Hello

I am trying to connect a VNA P5002A from Keysight to use with VNA Tools.
I seem to be unable to open a connection (see screenshot).

I believe I got the driver settings as well as adress correct but still fail.

I can use the device with the Keysight software without problems, however.
Does anyone have an idea how to proceed from here?

Best Regards,
Patric
PNA.JPG

Michael Wollensack METAS

Aug 3, 2020, 9:17:21 AM8/3/20
to VNA Tools
Hi,

the is Keysight P5002A is a Streamline USB VNA.

VNA Tools is not directly communicating with the VNA over USB. You need to run the Keysight Streamline USB Firmware on the PC where the USB VNA is connected to. VNA Tools will then communicate with the Keysight Streamline USB Firmware.

The resource name should look like that in VNA Tools:

TCPIP0::192.168.78.2::hislip0::INSTR

Replace the IP address by your address or localhost (if you run VNA Tools on the same PC as the firmware).

Regards
Michael

Patric Wickli

Aug 3, 2020, 9:34:12 AM8/3/20
to VNA Tools
Great!
Thank you very much for your help.

The connection test was successful now!

Best Regards
Patric

wickli...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2021, 8:00:11 AM11/29/21
to VNA Tools
Just a quick update for anyone having problems due to the recent updates of keysight's software.
I recently updated the "Network Analyzer" Software used with our P5002A VNA.

After the update VNA was unable to connect to it.

Turns out one has to now activate the "HiSLIP" communication. To do this, right click on "LCL" in the lower right corner, click "Remote Interface" and check the HiSLIP checkbox. Here you can also see the VISA Adress used in VNA Tools.

That's all.