Question: Optimization calibration & {D] & [V] boxes characterization

Tomo Yokoyama

Apr 5, 2022, 1:09:48 PM4/5/22
to VNA Tools
1) Optimization CAL
Does this numerical approach compute a new set of error terms after each iteration?

Or just compute the error terms once using the definitions entered in calibration configuration file?

2) [D] & [V] in database
Are the characterized values for  D (Error term Drift) and V(switch term drift), to be entered in VNA setting from 'Drift' tab?

* How can I characterize [V] term?

* Do I need to estimate [D] drift terms  for a calibration method, e.g. SOLT?
Or do I need to another look with different CAL methods?

Thanks for your time
Tomo

Michael Wollensack METAS

Apr 6, 2022, 1:51:31 AM4/6/22
to VNA Tools
>  Does this numerical approach compute a new set of error terms after each iteration?
Yes

>  Are the characterized values for  D (Error term Drift) and V(switch term drift), to be entered in VNA setting from 'Drift' tab?
Yes

> How can I characterize [V] term?
Make a measurement series of type drift a measure multiple times the drift terms.