Combine adapter data measured in both direction

Simon Gut

Mar 24, 2022, 10:47:17 AM3/24/22
to VNA Tools

Hi Michael,

I used the de-embedding adapter technique to measure an adapter in both directions. Now I want to combine the two measurement results.

Assume an adapter: Connector A to Connector B

I have to reciprocal measurement results:

X: Direction A to B

Y: Direction B to A

Now I want to combine both files to the final result Z (Direction A to B)

Z.S11 = X.S11

Z.S12 = mean(X.S12, Y.S12)

Z.S21 = Z.S12

Z.S22 = Y.S11

Is there a possibility to do this in VNA Tools?

Thanks and regards

Simon

Michael Wollensack METAS

Apr 4, 2022, 7:52:54 AM4/4/22
to VNA Tools
Hi Simon,

you can do that in the Script tabular page of VNA Tools using the following script:

# Michael Wollensack METAS - 04.04.2022

import clr
clr.AddReference('System.Windows.Forms')
clr.AddReference('Metas.UncLib.Core')
clr.AddReference('Metas.UncLib.linProp')
clr.AddReference('Metas.Vna.Tools')
from System.Threading import Thread
from System.Windows.Forms import MessageBox
from Metas.UncLib.Core import Complex
from Metas.UncLib.LinProp import UncNumber
from Metas.Vna.Tools import Script

s = Script(RootPath)

x = s.LoadSParamData(r'X.sdatb')
y = s.LoadSParamData(r'Y.sdatb')
z = x

t2 = Complex[UncNumber](UncNumber(2.))

n = x.NFreq

for i in range(n):
    z[i, 0, 0] = x[i, 0, 0]
    z[i, 0, 1] = x[i, 0, 1].Add(y[i, 0, 1]).Divide(t2)
    z[i, 1, 0] = z[i, 0, 1]
    z[i, 1, 1] = y[i, 1, 1]

s.SaveSParamData(r'Z.sdatb', z)

Regards
Michael

Simon Gut

Apr 5, 2022, 4:49:52 AM4/5/22
to VNA Tools
Thanks Michael for the script. Works perfectly fine.

Best regards Simon