Gating

Boris Dardel

Jan 8, 2021, 1:52:50 AM1/8/21
to VNA Tools
I measured one LAN cable with open end.
Frequencies extend fron 0 to 201MHz by steps of df=0.25MHz (n=805 points)
Reflexion sat the far end of the cable lead to an oscillation of S11at low frequency with a period of about 1MHz.
Gating should allow to remove these reflexions with a gate placed at 1e-6s.
However, when I use the gating function (low pass mode), the time span extends from -5e-7 to 5e-7s, while I expect it to extend up to 2e-6s=(n/((2n-1)*df) according to my understanding to the Math reference.
Any explanation about this limitation ?

Michael Wollensack METAS

Jan 8, 2021, 2:08:03 AM1/8/21
to VNA Tools
Hi,

can you please send me your S11 measurement, for example as s1p file.

Regards
Michael

Boris Dardel

Jan 8, 2021, 2:25:12 AM1/8/21
to VNA Tools
HEllo,
Attached a text file
Note: low frequency values were completed manually
BR.
Boris

Open DC.vdatcv.txt

Michael Wollensack METAS

Jan 8, 2021, 3:42:26 AM1/8/21
to VNA Tools
Hi,

you've a problem in the frequency column (not enough resolution, e.g.: 99.5 MHz, 99.8 MHz, 100 MHz, 100 MHz instead of 99.50 MHz, 99.75 MHz, 100.00 MHz, 100.25 MHz).

Regards
Michael

Boris Dardel

Jan 8, 2021, 5:35:52 AM1/8/21
to VNA Tools
Thanks.
I will correct that.
Best regards.
Boris

Boris Dardel

Jan 8, 2021, 5:56:54 AM1/8/21
to VNA Tools
Looks fine now !
However the structure I want to get rid of is in the negative times. Do you know why/what it means ?