Ideal Load

Okay T.

Sep 20, 2021, 1:12:38 PM9/20/21
to VNA Tools

Hi all,

I performed a SOLT calibration with VNA Tools and want to analyze the data now.

I did the error correction and when I then load the Load standard, the magnitude is ideally 0 (S11_mag = 0) and the phase is 0deg for all frequency points as well.

I know this is the ideal value in theory, but when I perform a calibration with the VNA for example, the load standard has never a perfect return loss. I am just wondering, if I did something wrong?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Okay

Juerg Ruefenacht

Sep 21, 2021, 12:57:49 PM9/21/21
to VNA Tools
Hi Okay,
pleased find attached a partial copy of one of my presentations regarding VNA accuracy and traceability. The first few slides compare the ideal load with the database concept and may give you an idea about the related issues when defining the calibration load as ideal.
Best Regards,
Juerg
Ideal load issue (partial copy only).pdf