Unable to set source settings within the VNA Settings window

wickli...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2021, 8:32:56 AM11/29/21
to VNA Tools
Hello everybody

I am working with a Keysight Streamline P5002A.
I recently updated the Keysight software as well as VNA Tools.

Now I seem to be unable to set any source settings in the VNA settings menu.

VNA Seeting.JPG

The table just stays empty, no matter what I do. I tried loading a table I created out of an old measurement file. Still nothing. Is this a known error?

Best regards
Patric

Michael Wollensack METAS

Nov 29, 2021, 9:11:13 AM11/29/21
to VNA Tools
Hi,

it seems that there is an bug in my AgilentPNA driver when I try to find out the number of test ports.

Can you please send my the SCPI responses for *IDN? and *OPT?

Regards
Michael

wickli...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2021, 9:38:36 AM11/29/21
to VNA Tools
Hi,

Please find below the two responses:

*IDN?
time=0.048 ms
Keysight Technologies,P5002A,MY58100243,A.15.40.08
*OPT?
time=0.294 ms

Michael Wollensack METAS

Nov 29, 2021, 10:33:42 AM11/29/21
to VNA Tools
Hi,

please try the following workaround.

1. Open the following file "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Metas.Instr\Drivers\Source\Metas.Instr.Driver.Vna.AgilentPna\AgilentPna.cs"
2. Comment out lines 113 and 114
                //if (opt.Length > 0)
                //    int.TryParse(opt.Replace("\"","").Substring(0, 1), out nTestPorts);
3. Save the file.
4. Open a command prompt.
5. Compile the driver using the following single command:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\msbuild.exe C:\Users\Public\Documents\Metas.Instr\Drivers\Source\Metas.Instr.Driver.Vna.AgilentPna\Metas.Instr.Driver.Vna.AgilentPna.csproj

Now the driver should use the default value of 2 for number of test ports.

Please report back.

Regards
Michael

wickli...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2021, 10:49:46 AM11/29/21
to VNA Tools
Dear Micheal

I did your steps and this seems to have resolved the problem. I did just a quick check but it seems communication between VNA Tools and the keysight software seems to be working.
I will find out more tomorrow and give an update.

As for now: thank you very much for your fast help!

Best Regards
Patric

Michael Wollensack METAS

Nov 29, 2021, 10:58:17 AM11/29/21
to VNA Tools
Hi,

I've asked Keysight if there is a SCPI command which I can use to get the number of test ports of a Keysight VNA (PNA, PXI, USB).
Let's see what they answer.

Regards
Michael

Michael Wollensack METAS

Nov 30, 2021, 2:53:26 AM11/30/21
to VNA Tools
Hi,

can you please check what is the SCPI response for 'SYSTem:CAPability:HARDware:PORTs:COUNt?'

Regards
Michael

wickli...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2021, 3:01:16 AM11/30/21
to VNA Tools
Hey,

Here's the response. Seems right:

SYSTem:CAPability:HARDware:PORTs:COUNt?
time=2.793 ms
+2

wickli...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2021, 4:45:23 AM11/30/21
to VNA Tools
Just another quick update.
I was able to complete the measurements without any further problems, so the workaround seems to work and the suspected problem was very likely the source of it.

Michael Wollensack METAS

Nov 30, 2021, 4:47:28 AM11/30/21
to VNA Tools
Thanks for reporting.

This will be fixed in the upcoming VNA Tools Release V2.5.2 (around February 2022).

Regards
Michael