VNA Data Explorer - Mixed Data handling

Tomo Yokoyama

Jul 14, 2021, 4:22:44 PM7/14/21
to VNA Tools
When I convert single-ended S-parameter to the balanced mixed mode S parameter, I was not asked to specify my input and output port configuration.  Does this mean that Tool expects Input H / L is [Port 1, Port2] and Output H / L is [Port 3, Port4]?  Or Do I need to remap before the conversion?  Without saving the converted data, how can I display the converted mixed mode S paramer under Setup-Mixed Mode?

I also downloaded the mixed mode S-parameter from VNA. Its format is
!S4P File: Measurements: <Sdd11,Sdc11,Sdd12,Sdc12>,
!<Scd11,Scc11,Scd12,Scc12>,
!<Sdd21,Sdc21,Sdd22,Sdc22>,
!<Scd21,Scc21,Scd22,Scc22>:

How can I display this mixed mode 4 port S-paramter under Setup - Mixed Mode?

It is not clear how to use [Setup - Mixed Mode] pull down menu in Data Explore.
I cannot find the documentation in User Guide.
Thanks, anyone, for help.

Message has been deleted

Michael Wollensack METAS

Jul 16, 2021, 5:18:56 AM7/16/21
to VNA Tools
>  When I convert single-ended S-parameter to the balanced mixed mode S parameter, I was not asked to specify my input and output port configuration.

If you convert a 4 single-ended S-parameter to a balanced mixed mode S-parameter the default port configuration is:

1 --> 1d (Input H)
2 --> 1c (Input L)
3 --> 2d (Output H)
4 --> 2c (Output L)

You can change this to whatever you want in the dialog called 'Converting mixed-mode S-parameters', e.g.:

1 --> 1d (Input H)
2 --> 2d (Output H)
3 --> 1c (Input L)
4 --> 2c (Output L)

The most used configuration you find in the toolbar of the dialog (see the little arrow right from the Mixed-Mode button).

> I also downloaded the mixed mode S-parameter from VNA.

What kind of VNA do use?

> How can I display this mixed mode 4 port S-parameter under Setup - Mixed Mode?

Chose Setup Auto. I guess the Data is shown as single-ended 4 Port, because Touchstone V1.1 is not supporting mixed-mode S-parameters.

Regards
Michael